No announcement yet.

I'm going back to high volume training.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going back to high volume training.

I was training low volume with high frequency. I started to actually shrink. I recently switched back to high volume training and I realized what I've been missing. It's always how I responded the best in the past. Granted you can still hit one set of other muscles a day to help healing. But tonight for example I did legs. I started with Smith machine sissy squats for 8 sets of 8 reps. Extensions for 8 sets of 8. Leg press 4 sets of 8. Leg curls 8 sets of 8 reps. Stiff deads 3 sets of 8. Calves I did standing calves raises for sets of 10 till I couldn't do anymore. I feel great!!! It was so satisfying to actually feel the sick pumps and complete exhaustion.

I'm also more in this camp anymore. I'll throw in a few heavy 3x3's or so and an occasional one rep max just to push it. However I've been doing german volume for legs etc. 10x10's and my quads are popping out and diced up.

Comment

^^ Following

Comment

Hit high volume chest today:

8x10 incline dumbbell
        2x10 decline dumbbell
        5x20 cable flies
        3x10 dips for burnout

heavy flat bench 3x3

Comment

Guys I hit back the day after legs. 8 sets of pullups for 8 reps, I got 7 on set 7. 8 sets of bent over rows with DB's for 8 reps I used 70lb Db's. Then I did 6 sets of 8 on the cable row and finished with 2 sets of shrugs. My bodyweight was 230lbs. My legs were sore but not intolerable.

Comment

I hit arms yesterday. Single arm machine preachers 8 sets of 8 reps with 35lbs, full range of motion squeezing hard at the top and a stretch at the bottom. 8 sets of alternate DB curls for 8 reps. The first bicep pump I've had on a long long time. Triceps consisted of 8 sets of push downs for 10 reps. I added 10lbs per set. I didn't pay attention to the weight so I have no clue. Then I did skull crushers with the bech at a 45° angle. I took today off as tomorrow is legs again. My appetite is back in full swing, it was nonexistent for weeks. My arms are sore, but I. A good way. I haven't felt this I years. The last I felt this way was when I trained with Farah.

Comment

As for supplements I am not even taking vitamins. My diet has a lot of vegetables in it. Broccoli, green beans, colored peppers, asparagus mostly up to 5 times a day.

Gear, I'm taking Testosterone Enanthate. I will add Ipamorelin soon 3 times a day. And plan to add 3iu hgh in the AM.

I am excited to feel like I do. I feel my mood is better just based on how I feel and I want to eat again.

Tomorrow is legs and I plan to add light squats in last as my knees are feeling better from the special training I've been doing for months now.

Thanx for following along. I'm gonna go eat 6 oz of chicken with a baked potato and green beans.

Ttyl

Comment

_ENDURE_ , How did the chest day turn out?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Wozny View Post
                  Great, sore but great

Comment

Great to see you here daily.

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Wozny View Post
                      i I’ll say the high volume chest and leg days really break me down compared to heavy days. Really have to watch sleep and diet when doing high volume

Comment

I agree ENDURE, my appetite is out of hand. I was only eating 2-3 meals a day. Now I'm at 5-6

Comment

It's really amazing what it does to you let alone the gains and endurance. I'm loving high volume so much I'm doing essentially 3 weeks high volume then 1 week heavy. I consider the heavy week a deload at this point literally because it's just not the same to me in terms of intensity and doesn't hit me as hard. Everyone is different and some guys respond better to heavy so I"m not trying to argue or change minds but it's great to find what really works. I think the high volume aspect of training is far too overlooked by standard bro science of 5x5, 3x8 etc that everyone sticks with.

Comment

There is a reason many coaches prefer higher volume. I found even if you have a shitty day by the time you get half way into training you end up getting great workout. Low volume high intensity you have to kill it to get anything from it. I've been through this in the past. It was the only way I really grew. Heavy and low volume doesn't seem to work for me. Even Dorian Yates admitted he could have gotten the same results from volume training in his past now that he has seen more of it.

Comment

Yesterday I hit shoulders. Rear laterals on the reverse pec dec for 8 sets of 12. Side laterals 30lb DB's for 8 sets of 12, front raises on the cable for 8 sets of 8. Then machine presses 4 sets to failure. 110lbs, 120lbs, 130lbs, 140lbs. The other machines I didn't pay attention to the weight stack. I hit 7 meals and I was not trying. My appetite is stupid. Breakfast was two bananas with a shake, meal 2 was two Angus cheeseburgers, meal 3 was 7 oz chicken, green beans and a 8 oz potato, meal 4 was the same as 3. Meal 5 was a banana and a shake. Meal 6 was 6 egg whites with oats and coconut oil. Meal 7 was a tuna sandwich with avocado mayo and a cup of milk. I had meal 7 because I couldn't fall asleep this morning from being to hungry 2 hours after meal 6. I have not forced any food at all. This is night and day from a week ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X